Saturday, December 3, 2011

Sweetened condensed milk nondairy

In my quest to make some of my favorite Christmas cookies I needed to first make sweetened condensed milk that was dairy free. I looked at lots and lots of recipes and I came up with a mix of the ones I like the most.

Dairy free Sweetened condensed milk
3 cups of milk substitute (I used Flax)
1/2 and 2Tbs sugar
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt

Mix your milk and sugar together in a heavy bottom sauce pan. Heat on Medium to Medium-Low heat stirring constantly until it is reduced to one cup. This will take a good hour or so. It will be thinner than you think it should be. I over reduced mine and then had to add milk back to it. After it is reduced and off the heat add vanilla and salt to reduced milk. Store in fridge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment